We look forward to welcoming you to Maastricht, the Netherlands and the 87th Annual Congress of the European Atherosclerosis society, where clinicians and basic scientists from all over the world will come together.
We encourage you to share information about the Congress, and your participation in it, within your network – before and during the EAS 2019 Congress.
For the latest updates on EAS 2019, visit eas2019.com and download the Congress app (search “EAS Congress & Courses” in AppStore or Google Play).
Are you following the EAS2019 on social media yet? Be sure to connect with us on:
- @eascongress for Congress related information – scientific programme and networking events
- @society_eas for EAS membership, publications and educational activities like Advanced Courses and e-learning through EAS Academy
- @fhscglobal for FH Studies Collaboration and collaboration with the patient organisation FH Europe
- @EuropeanAtherosclerosisSociety for Society & Congress posts
- Find us on YouTube – The European Atherosclerosis Society for interviews with experts in the field and videos from the EAS Congresses: http://bit.ly/eas-yt
- Join the European Atherosclerosis Society group https://www.linkedin.com/groups/3666139/
(Make sure to accept invitation from group administrators Carmel Hayes, Administrative Executive at European Atherosclerosis Society and/or Tale Nate, Community Manager at Kenes Group)
Suggested ways to share information about the Congress with your network:
- Live tweet from sessions, meetings and the exhibition. Be sure to mention @eascongress and use the hashtag #EAS2019.
- You can also retweet and repost live coverage coming from the Congress
- Post photos and mention @eascongress and use the hashtag #EAS2019 on Facebook or LinkedIn. You can also like and share EAS 2019 posts with your audience.
- Take a great selfie at the EAS booth with the EAS logo in the background!
- Watch and share EAS 2019 YouTube videos.
Suggested ways to connect to other participants:
- Download from the app store the new app EAS Congress & Courses, sign in as a delegate to connect with other attendees
- Join the European Atherosclerosis Society group on LinkedIn
Hashtags help connect users within related conversations and are also searchable, making them a valuable resource for both clinicians and patients. We highlight encourage the use of hashtags but recommend using no more than three per tweet or post.
The official event hashtag is #EAS2019. This should be used in all posts relating to this year’s meeting!
In addition to the #EAS2019, you can use 1-2 additional hashtags depending on the topic of your post/tweet:
Policy & Disclaimer
The official EAS social media policy is available online. EAS strongly encourages anyone using social media to include a disclaimer in their profiles. Examples of this include, but are not limited to, “opinions are my own,” “RT does not equal endorsement” etc.
EAS’s social media disclaimer:
The European Atherosclerosis Society and the EAS Congress welcome discussions related to all aspects of atherosclerosis and related cardiovascular research on our social media sites. The EAS does not allow the posting of any sensitive information relating to the practice of medicine or any information that directly or indirectly could identify a patient or consumer of health care, as it is in violation of our policy. The EAS reserves the right to remove any posts that are in violation of our policies and that are deemed offensive.
Promotion of drugs, devices and other medical technologies will not be tolerated, and any comments, discussions or links involving promotional material will be removed. Repeated attempts to post promotional content will result in the individual being blocked. Statements or opinions expressed on the page reflect the views of the contributor, and do not reflect the official views of the EAS, unless otherwise noted. The EAS cannot respond to every comment. Likes and follows on social media channels are not endorsements. The EAS assumes no liability for sensitive information posted by users.
The following examples are ready to be used in your channels. Feel free to edit these and write your own posts/tweets. Don’t forget to share pictures of your attendance from EAS 2019!
The marked text notes where you must add your information.
- I’ll be in Maastricht, the Netherlands for #EAS2019, May 26-29. Like if you are also attending! https://eas2019.com
- I am excited to be a part of #EAS2019 – the largest focused European meeting on atherosclerosis and related cardiovascular diseases of the year, #EAS2019! https://eas2019.com
- Eager to attend the #EAS2019 Educational CME Programme https://eas2019.com/programme-menu/educational-cme-accredited-programme/
- Looking forward to seeing the results from the #EAS2019 Late-Breaking Clinical Trials! https://eas2019.com
- I’m very excited to be a part of #EAS2019, happening in just [insert number] days down in Maastricht, the Netherlands! https://eas2019.com
- Can’t wait to listen to the latest findings to be explored in the Late-breaking sessions at #EAS2019 https://eas2019.com
- Just arrived in Maastricht, the Netherlands for #EAS2019! I am really looking forward to [insert one or two sessions]. https://eas2019.com
- I am at #EAS2019 and have just listened to some interesting updates on [insert subject]!
Feel free to use any of the EAS 2019 graphics to supplement any social media posts you send before or during EAS 2019.
We hope you’ll join the conversation on social media! If you have any questions, please email EAS social media manager Sharon Kol, Kenes Group: email@example.com